Restructuring and Recapitalization Practice
HELPING COMPANIES RESTRUCTURE
Peter J. Solomon Company was the among the early boutique investment banking firms that pioneered the restructuring advisory business in the 1990s. Our restructuring practice today remains a leader in the business, providing independent strategic and financial advice to corporate management teams, boards of directors, private equity and strategic investors, creditor groups, and other key stakeholders involved in troubled company situations.
Our Bankers are Trusted Advisors
Our team brings our clients a wealth of diverse transaction experience, unmatched technical expertise and instant market credibility. Having led some of the largest and most complex restructuring transactions over the past 20 years, our senior bankers are widely regarded as trusted advisors, highly skilled in transaction structuring, deal strategy development and execution, business and security valuation analysis, expert testimony, and multi-party negotiations.
Understanding that a financial restructuring is not a common corporate event for many executives, we work closely with our clients to understand their problems and objectives and provide them with a comprehensive assessment of the range of available alternatives. We employ an integrated advisory approach which draws on the deep industry knowledge of our sector coverage bankers and the capital markets expertise of our Financing Advisory practice. This permits us a broader perspective on our clients’ challenges, allowing us to develop custom-tailored solutions that address not only their immediate financial difficulties, but also their longer-term operating, financial and strategic objectives. This inter-disciplinary approach, together with our dedication to hands-on, senior banker leadership throughout the duration of the engagement, distinguishes us from other advisors in our business.
Importantly, as an independent firm focused solely on offering our clients advice on significant strategic and financial matters, our approach and recommendations are neither influenced by product or market biases, nor burdened by buy-side relationship conflicts. We prize and zealously protect our integrity, understanding that in the advisory business, there is nothing more important than our reputation and our clients’ trust.
PJSC’s restructuring advisory services cover the full range of activities necessary to assist our clients in troubled company situations, including:
- Evaluating restructuring options and recommending appropriate strategies
- Assisting with lender discussions and negotiations involving credit facility covenant waivers, amendments and maturity extensions
- Structuring, negotiating and executing distressed exchange offers, debt tender offers and consent solicitations
- Designing, planning and executing deleveraging transactions involving the restructuring of existing debt and equity securities (ideally through a consensual out-of-court restructuring transaction, or, if necessary, through a formal bankruptcy proceeding)
- Valuing distressed companies and their underlying debt and equity securities and providing related expert testimony in litigation situations
- Leading competitive solicitation processes to raise new debt, equity, or equity-linked financing
- Executing company sales, asset divestitures, mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures
- Advising financial and strategic acquirers on the structuring of distressed company acquisitions and new money-led recapitalizations
|PJSC was engaged to pursue a capital raising transaction that would enable the Company to pay down bank debt and maximize financial flexibility.
See the case study