In The Media
Mr. Solomon founded PJ SOLOMON in 1989. Previously, he was Vice Chairman of Lehman Brothers where he was Chairman of its Merchant Banking Division and Co-Chairman of the Investment Banking Division.
From 1978 to 1980, Mr. Solomon was Deputy Mayor of Economic Policy and Development in New York City under Mayor Edward I. Koch. He was also Chairman of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, which operated 17 municipal hospitals. He served as Counselor to the United States Treasury in the Carter Administration in 1980.
In 2013, Mr. Solomon served as Co-Chairman of New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s Tax Reform and Fairness Commission, charged with proposing reforms to the state’s complex tax code. He also served on Governor Cuomo’s Spending and Government Efficiency Commission (SAGE).
Mr. Solomon writes frequently about public policy issues.
Mr. Solomon received his B.A. cum laude from Harvard College and his M.B.A from Harvard Business School.
- Director, Monro Muffler/Brake Inc.
- Director, Babo Botanicals
- Member, Avenir Growth Capital Advisory Board
- Member, US Trust Bank of America Advisory Committee
Previous Professional Affiliations
- Director, Associated Dry Goods Corporation
- Director, BKF Capital Group, Inc.
- Director, Centennial Cellular Corporation
- Director, Century Communications Corp.
- Director, Esquire, Inc.
- Director, General Cigar Holdings
- Director, LIN Broadcasting Corporation
- Director, Office Depot, Inc.
- Director, Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation
- Director, The Stop & Shop Companies, Inc.
- Director, Zagat Survey LLC
- Member, Boards of Managers, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied Diseases and Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research
- Trustee, American Museum of Natural History
- Director, American Friends Musée d’Orsay
- Director and Chairman Emeritus, The Manhattan Theatre Club
- Chairman, Friends of the Center for Jewish Studies – Harvard University
- Trustee, Lucius Littauer Foundation
- Trustee, The Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of New York City
- Advisor to the Montana Land Reliance Board
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations