Mr. Glauber joined the firm in 2006. He served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NASD from September, 2001 through August, 2006 after becoming its CEO and President in November, 2000. During the development of the NASD divestiture plan for NASDAQ and AMEX, he chaired the Board’s Fairness Committee to provide an independent assessment of the spin-off plan.
Mr. Glauber is a member of the Committee on Capital Markets Regulation, a group of corporate and finance leaders that released an Interim Report in November, 2006 on how to improve the competitiveness of the U.S. capital markets and has written extensively on the implementation of the Dodd-Frank legislation.
He served as Under Secretary of the Treasury for Finance from 1989 to 1992 where he was responsible for Treasury’s domestic policy. Prior to joining Treasury, he was a professor at the Harvard Business School and after leaving Treasury, a lecturer at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government and visiting professor at Harvard Law School. In 1987, he served as Executive Director of President Reagan’s Task Force on Market Mechanisms (Brady Commission) to study the October 1987 stock market crash.
Mr. Glauber received his B.A. in Economics from Harvard College and his doctorate from Harvard Business School. He was a professor at HBS from 1964-1989, specializing in corporate finance and investment banking. In his later years on the faculty, he was faculty chairman of the school’s Advanced Management Program for senior executives.
- Board Chairman, XL Capital Ltd.
- Board Chairman, Northeast Bankcorp
- Director, Pioneer Investment Management Co. (Milan)
- Trustee Vice Chair, International Accounting Standards Board
- Lecturer, Harvard Kennedy School
Previous Professional Affiliations
- Director, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Director, Dreyfus Mutual Funds
- Director, Investment Company Institute
- Director, Mid Ocean Reinsurance Ltd
- Director, Freddie Mac
- Director, Moody’s Corp.
- Director, Circuit City Stores, Inc.
- President, Boston Economic Club
- Director, Korean Financial Supervisory Service’s Advisory Board
- Trustee, Winsor School (Boston)
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Member of Executive Committee, Boston Committee on Foreign Relations
- Member and past president, Boston Economic Club
- President, Metropolitan Opera Club
- Overseer, Boston Symphony Orchestra