Media & Entertainment
HELPING CLIENTS TO CREATE LONG LASTING VALUE
PJ SOLOMON’s Media & Entertainment Advisory Group provides M&A, capital markets, restructuring and financing advisory services to a variety of private and public clients ranging from multi-billion dollar global media companies to growth-oriented private companies and investment funds across media, entertainment & communications.
With more than 90 years of collective investment banking experience, spanning multiple generations, and over 300 completed transactions, our team brings a wealth of knowledge and the focus of senior bankers to each of the firm’s engagements.
RECENT TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE
PJ SOLOMON’s recent M&A transactions include:
- Movie Tavern on its sale to Marcus Theatres
- Consortium of iSubscribed, WndrCo and General Catalyst on the acquisition of Intersections
- Exterion Media on its sale to Global
- NETFLIX on its acquisition of certain out of home media assets from Regency
- Cobb Theatres on its sale to CMX Cinemas
- MBS Textbook Exchange on its sale to Barnes & Noble Education
- PatientPoint on its capital raise to build out digital media across its doctor office and hospital network
- Marcus Theatres on its acquisition of Wehrenberg Theatres
- Gas Station TV and Verifone on the joint venture between GSTV and Verifone’s PetroMedia businesses
- AMI Entertainment on its sale to The Gores Group
- Cieslok Media on its sale to Bell Media
- Searchlight Capital Partners on its acquisition of TouchTunes Interactive Networks
- Starplex Cinemas on its sale to AMC Theatres
- Christie’s International on its acquisition of Collectrium
- The London Stock Exchange Group on its $2.7 billion acquisition of Russell Investments
- OUTFRONT Media (formerly CBS Outdoor) on its $690 million acquisition of the major market outdoor advertising portfolio of Van Wagner
- Under Armour on its acquisition of MapMyFitness
- Newsy on its sale to E.W. Scripps
- Sony on its $2.2 billion acquisition of EMI Music Publishing
- Zagat on its sale to Google
- eBay on its $2.4 billion acquisition of GSI Commerce.
PJ SOLOMON’s expertise encompasses all aspects of the value chain, including content creation and distribution, advertising and subscription supported models, ticketing and site-based entertainment, B2C and B2B, as well as digital and technology-based businesses.
PJ SOLOMON’s Media & Entertainment bankers work closely with the firm’s other industry groups to advise clients on technology’s pervasive impact.
NEWS & INSIGHTS
GLOBAL EXPERTISE FROM OUR NATIXIS PARTNERSHIP
Today, PJ SOLOMON is an independently-run affiliate of Natixis, part of Groupe BPCE, a top ten European and top 20 global bank. Our partnership provides our clients with global coverage across the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
Become a part of our distinguished team
Our personal, responsive approach emphasizes relationships, not transactions, and is at the heart of our concept of investment banking.
CAREERS AT PJ SOLOMON
If you flourish in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment, think PJ SOLOMON
Join our team of leading advisors in the industries they cover here at PJ SOLOMON
STUDENTS & GRADUATES
Enjoy mentorship and develop important client & deal experience from the start