Steve Odland joined PJ SOLOMON as a Senior Advisor in 2016 with an extensive background in the consumer and retail sectors spanning nearly four decades. He served as Chairman and CEO of Office Depot, Inc. from 2005 to 2010; Chairman, President and CEO of AutoZone, Inc. from 2001 until 2005; President and CEO of Tops Markets, Inc. from 1998 to 2000; President, Foodservice Division, of Sara Lee Bakery from 1996 to 1998; and held positions at The Quaker Oats Company from 1981to 1996. He also served as an Adjunct Professor in the graduate schools of business at Florida Atlantic University and Lynn University from 2011 to 2012.
In addition to his experience in corporate management, Mr. Odland is the current President and CEO of the Committee for Economic Development (CED). Founded in 1942, the CED is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, business”led, public policy organization that delivers analysis and solutions to the nation’s most critical issues. Mr. Odland’s involvement in public policy development also includes a number of leadership roles in organizations ranging from the Council on Foreign Relations to the Advisory Council of the Institute for Corporate Ethics.
Mr. Odland is a member of the Board of Directors of General Mills, Inc. and Analogic Corporation and a CNBC Contributor.
Mr. Odland has a Bachelor’s of Business Administration from the University of Notre Dame and a Master’s of Management (MBA) degree from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
- Director, General Mills, Inc.
- Director, Analogic Corporation
- President and CEO, Committee for Economic Development (CED)
- Trustee, The Conference Board
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Commissioner, U.S. National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission (Presidential Appointee)
- Member, Council on Service and Civic Participation (Presidential Appointee)
- Member, Committee on Capital Markets Regulation
- Member, The Business Council
- Member, Business Roundtable (BRT) and Chairman of the BRT’s Corporate Governance Task Force
- Member, Advisory Council of the Institute for Corporate Ethics
- Chairman, Memphis Tomorrow
- Member, Buffalo Niagara Partnership